Badminton is a game that requires immense skills and power in a player. To nail this sport, ample practice requires lots of focus and regular training. Despite all this, the tools essential to play this game are very different, as the badminton racket comes with different powers and features. If you want to see which badminton racket is best, read further to get a detailed description.
While buying a badminton racket, we consider a lot of points. From price to stability, a buyer will take into consideration all the points and then make a decision. This is true when it comes to professional players. But what about the newbies? Don’t worry; Team God of Sports is here. Take a look at the tips to keep in mind before buying a badminton racket.
Which points to remember when you are purchasing a badminton racket?
1. Balance Point or overall weight of Racket:
Head Heavy Racket: A head-heavy racket means the weight shift towards the head. Head Heavy rackets will give you more power due to the momentum generated from heavier racket heads.
Head Light Racket: A Head Light balance means the weight shifts less towards the head (towards the grip). A headlight racket will give you more manoeuvrability but less power.
For starters, always go for the Even-Balanced racket rather than the Head-Heavy or Head-Light racket. Once you know your type, you can always replace your racket according to your suitability.
2. Head Shape:
Isometric: An isometric racket gives you a larger sweet spot, hence making it easier for you to hit a shot efficiently.
Oval: An oval-headed racket has a smaller sweet spot, but if the sweet spot hits, it gives you a slightly more concentrated power.
An isometric racket is easier to play with than an oval racket, as it gives you a larger sweet spot. Nowadays, 90% of rackets are made of Isometric shape.
Want to read the other tips you should keep in mind before buying a badminton racket? Read this article.
Which racket is perfect for your game style?
Senston Professional Woven Badminton racket
- Those who have just started playing this game should go for this racket, as it can give you a grand opening.
- Badminton racket lightweight and affordable is this racket’s advantage. It is advised to beginners not to play with a badminton racket head heavy as they will not be used to the weight, which can affect their hand movements.
- It is made up of epoxy resin plastic. The resin in this badminton racket gives it stability, and the power is immense during the game.
- The grip is excellent for beginners as it is non-slip, which helps with comfort as beginners are not used to the grip yet.
Babolat Satelite Gravity 74 Badminton Racket
- This has been discussed above. The Babolat Satelite Gravity 74 Badminton Racket is used for intermediate players in the game. The best feature is that it is lightweight and preferred for defensive play.
- It gives a nice whip as it is light in weight. Because of this reason, it is advised for beginners not to play with it.
- The speed and manoeuvrability are immense and come with slim T technology.
For advanced-level players
- This racket is to be used for the aggressive game as it is light-headed. This is seen in the hands of professional players. This racket can handle rapid-fire play as it is equipped to do it at an advanced level.
- The reason for its high performance is due to the single-pass grommet hole which is on the frame. There is a feature of Nanoflare in the razor frame, which helps the racket to reduce air resistance irrespective of any angle.
- It can perform faster swings. This racket gives high-level accuracy as there is stiffness in the flex of the Yonex Nanoflare 800.
Other Notable Mentions:
The above were the 5 best rackets according to us. Now, if you want some good suggestions for the rackets with their features, continue reading further.
- This racket is known to have a flexible shaft, and the weight is seen as modern, which gives perfect balance. Li-Ning’s MPCF Reinforcing Technology bolsters it.
- The MPCF has numerous layers of carbon fiber combined with the handicraft that helps to strengthen and aids the durability and intensity of this badminton racket.
- It is designed to have high performance as there is a high-tech geometric design.
- For beginners, it is the best option as there is high power in this badminton racket. It is made out of wood and has a rubber grip. The head is created from steel.
- It is lightweight and can be carried easily, which is why it is suitable for beginners. For Intermediates
Adidas Kalkül A3 Legend Ink Strung
- This racket has a medium flexible handle, and the balance on the head is seen as light.
- Intermediate players use it for a defensive style of game. There is an excellent balance between power and control while using this racket.
- The weight of this is 82 grams, and due to the string pattern of compressor 76, there are more strings in a frame. This ensures that the racket has reasonable control.
- The T-Lok system is combined with the Slim 6.5 shaft, which gives excellent stability to the racket. This will make your every shot more precise than ever.
For Expert Level Players
Adidas Wucht P8 Raw Badminton Racket
- This racket is known to be the most challenging, extremely powerful, and advanced in its technology compared to the others. Wucht P8 is an optimum option for various players as it is made for advanced professional players who love to play offence in the game.
- It is suitable for heavy hitters in types of games like singles, doubles, and mixed play.
- The shaft stiff is known to be highly rigid, and the accessibility in power. The head is heavy but not overpowering, so beginners are not advised to play with it as they cannot handle the weight.
- The racket is very durable and stable. It has numerous sweet spots in the racket, which is why it is considered the professional’s favourite. If you are searching for an attacking racket, this is your ideal choice.
- The Yonex Duora Z Strike Badminton Racket is an offensive racket that gives the best power, control, and speed, which provides any player with an upper hand in the tactical sector of this game on the courts. The Yonex Duora Z Strike Badminton Racquet has impressive features as it is beautiful for all-around games.
- It is made keeping in mind cutting-edge technology as there are two frame shapes that are merged into one, as it has impressive forehands and quick backhands.
- Players who are fond of speed and power should definitely go for this, as it gives both in the game.
- With Duora, Grommet design features are made, keeping the various thickness that is observed on both sides of the racket frame.
- It has an extra thin shaft which is the most delicate and the most robust shaft that is ever produced by this company. Due to this, every shot can be seen to have more intensity and a more decisive shot.
What is the best badminton racket in 2023?
Victor Jet Speed S 12 F G5 Speed Series Unstrung Badminton Racket
- This racket is quite expensive, but every penny is worth the money spent on it. It has been used by numerous famous players like Chae Yoo Jung, Sung Ji Hyun, and Kim Ha Na.
- It is known to be around the globe as it is used for tournaments by the professionals in this port. The design of the Victor Jet Speed S 12 F G5 Speed Series Unstrung Badminton Racket has a well-balanced feature. It has a handy towel grip for a badminton racket, and its performance is heavyweight in nature.
- Let’s get into the specifications of this racket to understand it in detail. It is manufactured by the brand Victor. The weight of this racket is 89.9 grams, and the grip size is 121 mm. It is made up of graphite material. The shape is isometric.
- The quality of this racket is unmatchable by any, and it has an in-built connector.
- It is made up of hard-core technology. The high-resilient modulus graphite makes it one of a kind.
- The balance is even for a consistent performance in the game.
- It is costly, and this racket comes unstrung, which implies more money and utilization of time will be required to put it together.
With so many options to go for, choosing a racket suitable for your game style is essential. Different features are included for beginners, intermediate and advanced rackets, which is why selecting the right one wisely can significantly impact your game. So, the next time you are going to buy badminton equipment, keep in mind these points to get the best result out of the product.