Badminton is a game that requires some specific skill sets and strategies to take your opponents down. But when you are a layman in the game, you understand that other than these factors, the necessary equipment needs to be purchased to refine the style.
Why choose the right equipment for badminton?
Badminton has various badminton types, shuttlecocks, and other equipment. The beauty of it is that these tools are made in different forms and styles. One can choose any badminton and shuttle they like according to their convenience. It is a must to play with the right game gear according to the level that you belong to. If you are a beginner and try your hand at an advanced level shuttle, it can make the game more complicated, and these kits are expensive to use carelessly.
Three kinds of badminton shuttlecocks are available for players. It is suitable for different kinds and levels of game styles. Let’s see further what the highlights are that these shuttlecocks have and for which level of games they can be used.
- The feather shuttlecock is used by all the high-level players. You won’t see this shuttlecock in a beginner’s hand as an intermediate and professional player deals with it.
- The professionals prefer it because it is made out of goose feathers, making the quality much more elite than the others. It is not recommended for newbies because they can be too rough with it as, initially, badminton can be a difficult game to engage in that can break the feathers and damage the shuttlecocks. Experts have an idea of how to engage with the shuttle that can maintain it.
- The positive is that it can be tackled quite conveniently, unlike the other shuttles. If you are looking for some slice and net spin, then this is the right tool, as it can be accomplished using a feature shuttle.
The disadvantage will be that it is less durable than the nylon one. The feathers tend to break or bend after numerous matches. There are certain ways that this problem can be dealt with if it is stored in a humid environment. When the feather gets brittle, that leads to breakage of the shuttlecock, so keeping it in humid conditions is a way to avoid this situation.
Here are a few recommended badminton feather shuttlecocks.
Babolat 1 Badminton Feather Shuttlecock Speed 76
- This is the supreme quality shuttle that is available in the market. It is one of the classiest options that are available for players.
- It is made with Taiwanese goose feathers and a triple-layer cock. You do not have to buy shuttlecocks often as it is quite durable, and this speed is moderate.
Adidas Flieger FS5 badminton shuttlecock
- If you have reached that level in your game where it is getting better, try this shuttlecock.
- It can be used for matches as well as practice sessions. This shuttlecock will give you a hands-on experience of what experts deal with in badminton.
- This is created out of the C goose feathers, and it also has a double-layer cork. These features can give you the experience of increased resistance, and the flight trajectory will improve to a great extent.
YONEX Aeroclub ACB-TR Feather Shuttlecock
- This shuttle can be used for practice games and tournaments by the players.
- Yonex feature cock is made with keeping all the precision in mind. It is also suitable for various climatic conditions.
- Natural duck features are used to make this shuttle, giving this shuttlecock a great flight trajectory.
YONEX Aerosensa 2 AS2 Badminton Shuttlecock
- The material that this shuttlecock is made up of is excellent for smashes and significant height drops. This shuttlecock is supreme in quality as the cork is solid 100%.
- This shuttle’s recovery time is shorter compared to the other shuttles. It does not get affected by cold or warm temperatures.
- This is used by beginners in the game as there is no need to worry about the shuttlecock breaking easily. It is inexpensive compared to the other ones available.
- They are created from a nylon material which can be observed after you touch the shuttlecock.
- Because of the material, it takes a faster flight but a slower declaration rather than the feather cock. The game, due to this reason, is quite fast as there is not much control over it.
- The best part is that this shuttlecock can go without tearing up to 100 matches which is a great option for beginners as they can practice with it regularly.
Here are a few recommended badminton nylon shuttlecocks.
FZ Forza NS 10 Badminton Shuttlecock
- It is excellent regarding durability, as this shuttlecock will give you an experience of extraordinary playability.
- The cork is made up of natural material, and the skirt of this shuttle has been updated for the players to get the best experience.
YONEX Mavis 350 nylon shuttlecock
- The best feature of the YONEX Mavis 350 nylon shuttlecock is that they are just 0.005 seconds slower than the feather shuttlecock.
- It recovers at 0.008 seconds, much faster than the other shuttlecock.
- It is similar to a feather shuttle, which is why it is excellent for beginners and intermediates in the game.
Cosco AERO 777 Nylon Badminton Shuttle
This shuttle is used for club-level matches as it has a durable foam base that keeps the shuttlecock intact.
YONEX Mavis 2000 Yellow Badminton Shuttlecock
- If you are a beginner in the field of badminton, then this shuttle should be your first buy, as it is strongly suggested that newcomers should use this.
- It gives a glimpse of how the feather shuttle will feel. This shuttlecock will aid in making your flight performance much better while considering any other competitors in the market. You will see this shuttle lasting for a longer time.
- It is a pocket-friendly option and is preferred by most players in the field. You can encounter an excellent flight performance from YONEX Mavis Shuttlecocks.
- As the name suggests, it is the mix between two other types. It is a mixture of plastic and feather shuttlecock.
- This concept has been introduced recently, which is why it is seen in a small number. It is constructed so that the ends are that of a goose feather, and the frame is made of synthetic material.
- This goes without saying that hybrid shuttlecocks are more brittle than feather ones.
- This means that the prices are quite affordable due to reasonable manufacturing costs that give people an opportunity to play with a better quality product but at a lower price.
- The negatives here can be seen that the flight path and control could be better than the feather ones.
Here are a few recommended hybrid badminton shuttlecocks.
Babolat Hybrid Badminton Shuttlecock
This shuttle comes with a cork head and top-quality nylon features, making it durable equipment to buy. You can experience the features of durability, stability, and precision that make you improve the game to a greater extent.
- If you check out the online sites, one thing that can be observed is the shuttlecock’s speed. If this confuses you, read further to understand better what these shuttlecocks’ speed means.
- If the description says that the speed is 78, it indicates that it is the best one to buy. Speed 78 shuttlecock is the most popular one.
- There are a lot of factors that are involved when one chooses a shuttlecock. Seeing the length of the court and the force plays a significant part, as it can affect gaming.
- The slow shuttle speed will decelerate faster and won’t reach the standard length when seen with the other shuttles. The exact opposite happens with the fast shuttle because the speed will make it travel much faster when a shot is hit, and the length it will travel will be much further.
- The speed of these shuttlecocks ranges between the numbers of 75-79. As you can guess, if the number is less, then the shuttlecock is relatively slow, and if it is larger, the speed is faster.
- In the court, three factors can affect the entire game: temperature, humidity, and altitude. These things cannot be handled as it depends on the locations where the match is being held. Even though there are these speeds that the shuttlecocks are known to possess due to such conditions, they can change accordingly.
Speed of the badminton shuttlecocks
This is used at an altitude that is above sea level. The degree it is suitable for is above 30, which is very hot. Professionals rarely use it, and its popularity across the globe is relatively less
76- Quite slow
It is used for sea level altitude in matches. This speed of the shuttlecock is used for a degree that ranges between 25 to 30, which is a hot temperature. It is not seen that often in the game, which is why it is a rare occurrence
77- Average speed
This, too, is seen at a sea-level altitude. The temperature here is seen as average, which is between 15 to 25 degrees. It is not as rare and is sometimes seen being used in games
78- Quite fast
They are used for altitudes that are below sea level. This shuttle is utilized in the cold degree range from 0-15 degrees. It is the most popular one that players from across the globe use
79 – Fast
The badminton shuttlecock is used in altitudes that go below sea level. It is used in places that have very cold that goes below freezing degree. This shuttle is also rarely used by players
Purchase your shuttlecock using these guidelines, as it will aid you in getting your game even better. Choosing online sites to get this is the best option to go for as they give a detailed description of the product, which can help you read the things that were written above in the product description of the site for better understanding. Bring your A-game with the right shuttlecock while playing.