Cricket is more than just a game, especially for the Indians. Since the historic win of the 1983 World Cup, Indians have treated cricket as a religion. Then came the great Sachin Tendulkar, who became the “god” of this religion. The World Cup triumphs of 2007 and 2011 have inspired a whole new generation to take up cricket as their career. Every 1 out of 3 kids in India wants to be a cricketer.
Cricketers have a huge impact on their fans. Every aspiring cricketer wants to know which equipment their idol uses in the hope of becoming a player like them. From Virat Kohli to Smriti Mandhana, every budding cricketer wants to have the exact same cricketing gear as the modern-day superstars.
This is not a new trend, as the kids from the 90s desperately wanted Sachin Tendulkar’s MRF bat or Rahul Dravid’s Britannia one. Little did we know that these are just stickers of the brands our favourite cricketers endorsed via their bats, not the actual bat makers.
Be it a professional cricketer, an aspiring batsman, or a gully cricket player, the quality of the bat matters the most when it comes to batting. If you are dreaming of becoming a professional cricketer, you need to make the right decision while picking your bat. It will be safe to say that every batter threats his/her bat like a holy book. It is their weapon, and it must be perfect when they enter the war zone. Let’s have a look at the 7 cricket bats every aspiring cricketer wants to use.
Gunn and Moore Noir 909 Cricket Bat
Gunn and Moore (GM) are one of the best bat makers in the world. Gunn and Moore, famously known as GM, have been in the business since the inception of cricket. Gunn & Moore was founded and established by England Test batsman William Gunn with the help of a local businessman, Thomas James Moore in 1885. Players like Ben Stokes, Shane Watson, and Michael Vaughan have all played with GM bats.
Gunn and Moore Noir 909 Price in India: INR 13,043
Gunn and Moore Noir 909 Cricket Bat Specifications:
- Blade Specs: Material – English willow /wood | Grade: One.
- Ideal for Leather Cricket ball | Handcrafted by Master Craftsman in India. 3. Designed for powerful and dominating strokes.
- Suitable for: Boys / Youth / Adults | Playing Levels: Advanced, Professional, Tournament players.
- Available In: Size- Men’s | Size: Harrow | Size-6 | Size-5 | SIZE-4 | Size-3.
MRF Virat Kohli Chase Master English Willow Cricket Bat
Virat Kohli is a brand himself; of course, every kid in the block dreams of becoming like him. Virat Kohli uses one of the world’s best bats, specifically designed to keep every requirement of his in mind. The Chase Master comes in MRF’s top-drawer collections. The Chase Master carries most of its power in the sweet spot, so if the connection is right, the bowl will be flying out of the park.
MRF Virat Kohli Chase Master Price in India: INR 55,099
MRF Virat Kohli Chase Master Specifications:
- 8-12 Straight Grains with a rounded handle made of Sarawak Combination Cane. 2. Handle designed for Shock Absorption and Driving Power.
- MRF Plain Bat Handle Grip for Control and Comfort.
- Edge Thickness 38-40 mm.
- Bat Weight 1160 to 1230 Grams.
New Balance TC 1260 Limited Edition 19/20 Cricket Bat
The New Balance TC 1260 Limited Edition 19/20 bat is a perfect blend of style, features, and looks. A budding cricketer dreams of having a New Balance TC 1260 Limited Edition in their collection. The bat is a symbol of prestige and elegance in the world of cricket.
New Balance TC 1260 Limited Edition 19/20 Price in India: INR 58,999
New Balance TC 1260 Limited Edition 19/20 Cricket Bat Specifications
- Quality: Easy pickup and big middle part for maximum effect during big shots 2. Willow Grade: Grade 1+
- Product Size: Size SH
- Material: English Willow
- Bat Covers: Includes Premium/Portable bat cover
MRF Virat Kohli Limited Edition English Willow Cricket Bat
MRF Virat Kohli Limited Edition is made for the lovers of Virat Kohli’s cover drive. This bat comes under MRF’s Genius range. As the name suggests, the Limited Edition is purely inspired by Virat Kohli and is perfect for the upcoming superstars of the cricketing world.
MRF Virat Kohli Limited Edition Price in India: INR 22,599
MRF Virat Kohli Limited Edition Specifications
- Made from Selected Grade B English Willow.
- 7-10 Straight Grains.
- Rounded Handle made of Sarawak Combination Cane.
- Handle designed for Shock Absorption and Driving Power.
- MRF Plain Bat Handle Grip for Control and Comfort.
- Edge Thickness 37-40 mm.
- Bat Weight 1160 to 1230 Grams
SS Gladiator Player Grade Cricket Bat
From cricketing masterminds like Kumar Sangakkara to hard-hitter like Kieron Pollard. the SS Gladiator Player Grade Cricket Bat has been a choice of many professional cricketers over the years. Perfect for the eyes, perfect to bat in any conditions.
SS Gladiator Player Grade Cricket Bat Price in India: INR 44999
SS Gladiator Player Grade Cricket Bat Specifications
- Grains: 7-12 Straight Grains.
- SS Hand Selected Super Grade I English Willow.
- Edges Thickness is 38 to 41 mm mm|Highly Concave edges.
- Special Scale Grip for the Bat Handle- for control and comfort.
- Weight:1150-1260 gm, Top Class SS Premium Grade A English Willow bat
BAS Retro Vintage MS Dhoni Edition English Willow
MS Dhoni Edition, do we need to say more about this bat? It’s simple, effective, and strong, just like our very own legendary skipper. The BAS Retro Vintage is one of the finest bats on the market. The bat is known to come in handy when it requires some hard-hitting.
BAS Retro Vintage MS Dhoni Edition English Willow Price: INR 40,000
BAS Retro Vintage MS Dhoni Edition English Willow Specifications
- Manufactured from the best quality English Willow.
- The handle is created from premium Sarawak cane, which helps in better control and provides extra power.
- The bat’s edges are around 36 – 40mm with a 60mm+ spine.
- Rounded Toe with Rounded Edges
- Excellent performance and ping.
SG Sunny Tonny English Willow Cricket Bat Short Handle
The legendary bat is named after the legendary Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar. The SG Sunny Tonny Bat also has the qualities to feature in the list. SG is one of the best sporting brands in India, and it is used and trusted by many. The SG Sunny Tonny Bat has been tried and tested for generations; you can simply rely on it.
SG Sunny Tonny English Willow Cricket Bat Short Handle Price in India: INR 8,499
SG Sunny Tonny English Willow Cricket Bat Short Handle Specifications
- Grade: Grade 4
- No. of Grains: 4-6
- Suitable For: Leather Ball
- Weight: 1160-1200gm
- Sweet Spot: Medium
- Spine Profile: Medium
- Playing Style: All-Round