PCB Denies Payment Delays in Pakistan Super League

PCB Denies Payment Delays in Pakistan Super League

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has vehemently denied allegations of delayed player payments in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), following a report by the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA). FICA’s “leagues hub” report highlighted widespread payment issues in several major franchise leagues, including the PSL.

However, Usman Wahla, the PCB’s director of international cricket operations, categorically stated that the PSL has never experienced any payment delays. He emphasized that the league’s contract terms stipulate prompt payments, with 70% of player fees due within seven days of arrival in Pakistan and the remaining 30% within 40 days of the final league match.

The PCB’s denial comes after Australian all-rounder James Faulkner withdrew from the 2022 PSL season, alleging contract breaches. The board had previously denied any wrongdoing, stating that no player had ever complained about unfulfilled contractual obligations in the PSL’s history.

FICA’s report also raised concerns about payment issues in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Women’s Premier League (WPL), as well as other major franchise tournaments. Tom Moffat, FICA’s CEO, emphasized the need for global regulation and increased accountability to protect players’ interests.

The PCB has maintained its commitment to fair and timely payments, while FICA continues to advocate for minimum contract standards and effective pay enforcement mechanisms in domestic leagues. The organization aims to support players and their representatives by providing information and resources to assist their decision-making.

Back to Top

Search For Products

Product has been added to your cart